These easy, no bake edible Raw Cookie Dough Bites are the perfect bite sized treat to satisfy your sweet tooth! They take less than 5 minutes, are eggless and will last in the freezer for weeks!
How To Make Homemade (Eggless) Cookie Dough Bites
Raw cookie dough? Come onnnn!
If you don’t enjoy eating raw cookie dough, we have to sit down and talk…
These cookie balls are the best way to get in your cookie dough fix without having to worry about getting salmonella poisoning since there is no egg in this recipe.
And now that I have a little one running around wanting to try everything mommy tries, I would like to give him some raw cookie dough too without that worry.
So these bites of heaven are the best option!
I love to stash a bunch away in the freezer for a rainy day or when my sweet-craving monster comes out of it’s cage. Frozen cookie dough? Heck yes!
The standard ingredients to make chocolate chip cookie dough are:
- Eggs (not needed here)
- Sugar (brown sugar gives the best flavor)
- Chocolate Chips
- Baking soda (only if you are baking them)
You can always add in other ingredients like nuts, or substitute the butter with a vegan butter option.
Sugar-wise, you can use a coconut sugar or other replacement if your health conscious.
Flour substitutes are simple. If you want to make these gluten free, use GF flour. Coconut flour substitution is a little different but can be used. Just add enough coconut flour until the balls just come together!
Is Raw Cookie Dough Safe To Eat?
Yes! But it is important to keep two things in mind.
Leave Out The Eggs!
there is no risk of salmonella poisoning. Plus, if you are not baking the cookie dough, there is no reason to use eggs. Eggs are used as a BINDER. In this recipe, a binder is not needed since the balls hold their shape very well!
Bake Your Flour!
Most people don’t know that flour is indeed RAW. It has not been treated to kill germs so you should not eat it straight out of the bag. If you do, you are risking getting E. coli!
To make raw flour edible, you can PRE-BAKE it!
How To Bake Your Raw Flour
Just measure out the necessary amount needed for the recipe and lay it onto a baking sheet or in a heat-proof dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes to kill any bacteria. Then continue following the recipe as normal.
Here is a great article that talks about the risks of eating raw flour and eggs.
How Can I Store My Cookie Dough Bites?
Store your cookie dough balls in a sealed container or bag for about 3-4 days. I like to store mine in the fridge. If so, you can make them last up to a week. After that, freeze your dough balls for up to 3 months in a sealed container.
Are you looking for other easy sweet bites? Check these out!
EASY Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Raw Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 Stick Salted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar + 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Whip room temperature butter and sugar together for 2 minutes on high.
- Add vanilla and gradually add in your flour. *If dough is too sticky to roll into a ball, add a little more flour. (Be careful not to add too much!)
- Using a mini ice cream scoop to scoop dough before you roll into balls. You can choose to cut the balls in half before you roll them for mini versions! (That is what I did) Place the bites in the refrigerator to harden a bit or stash a container in the freezer for frozen cookie dough bites for weeks! Enjoy!