These Sausage Stuffed Mini Peppers are made with a few simple ingredients including cream cheese. They are a deliciously easy finger food that will please a crowd!
Mini bell peppers are one of my favorite veggies to stuff. They are always a hit and can be served warm or cold! If you love stuffed baby peppers, make sure to check out my Mini Peppers Stuffed w/ Herb Cream Cheese or my Roasted Baby Peppers Stuffed With Feta.
You can find these beautiful mini peppers in most produce sections. They are usually pre-packaged in different color assortments for easy grabbing.
If you can’t buy them pre-packaged, try to select peppers that are uniform in size and in different colors.
Slicing your mini peppers
Peppers are obviously not perfectly shaped. They are curvy and can tip over causing the filling to fall out if not properly sliced.
To prevent your filling from falling out onto the plate, make sure to slice your peppers lengthwise parallel to the table. This way, you can see how your pepper naturally lays flat and allow it to lay this way on its own.
Stuffing your peppers
When it comes to stuffing your mini peppers, I suggest using your fingers. You will have more control over what you're doing and will be able to keep it from looking messy.
Make sure to stuff them nice full. Then, use your fingers to press the panko breadcrumbs on top of each pepper. The breadcrumbs wont stick otherwise. It's okay if the sheet pan gets a bit messy!
Once you stuff your peppers with the sausage and cheese filling, and top with breadcrumbs, it helps to spray the tops of each with a bit of cooking spray so they get nice and brown on top. You can also drizzle olive oil over top if you prefer.
Making these in advance
If you want to make these ahead of time for a party, I suggest filling them first. Then place them flat in a Tupperware container or directly onto a sheet pan and cover them until you're ready to bake them off.
If they are already on a sheet pan, you can easily add them to the oven without transferring them again.
Other mini appetizes you might like:
Sausage Stuffed Mini Peppers (w/ Cream Cheese)
- 10-12 mini bell peppers
- ½ lb pork sausage, uncooked
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs, seasoned
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Add all ingredients besides the breadcrumbs to a medium bowl and mix well. A mixer will make this easier to do. *Room temperature cream cheese will make it even easier to mix.
- Rinse and dry your mini peppers. Lay them flat on the table and cut them lengthwise, PARALLEL to the table. Doing this will prevent your peppers from tipping over once the filling is inside. (Trim the stems if you wish.)
- Add your sausage cream cheese filling to each pepper. Use your fingers to press the tops of each with your breadcrumbs so it sticks to the cream cheese.
- Drizzle or spray the tops of your peppers with oil and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through.