These Roasted Baby Peppers Stuffed With Feta are such an easy cold appetizer to serve at your next party! Roasted and stuffed, these baby peppers can be served cold or warm and are such a deliciously healthy make ahead appetizer!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure statement here.
I received a huge bag of baby bell peppers in my Farmbox Direct order so I decided to make these delicious bite sized peppers!
I keep seeing them everywhere in the grocery store too! Look out for them in small clear baggies in the produce section of my grocer. If you can't find them, check out Farmbox Direct. They send you fresh organic produce straight to your door, including these baby bell peppers!
So naturally, when I saw these mini peppers, I knew I had to think of a fun bite sized recipe to throw on the blog!
Stuffed, they are a great make ahead appetizer that is healthy, tasty and best of all, they can be served cold OR warm for your next party!
Cutting and roasting your peppers
When roasting peppers, your main goal is to get a CHAR on the outside of your peppers.
You can roast your peppers three ways:
- Place your peppers over an open flame and rotate until each pepper has blistered. I like to do this directly over my gas stove or over a grill. Any kind of open flame that can make direct, or close to direct, contact with the pepper will work great. You just have to keep an eye on your peppers and rotate them to get a char on all sides.
- Bake in the oven at high heat usually 400 degrees F or higher. This method takes a little longer to get that charred color but doesn't require you to watch as closely like the other methods.
- Lastly, my favorite method is to place all your peppers directly under your broiler in the oven. I will cut my peppers in half and place them cut side down onto a sheet pan. Then I'll turn the broiler to HIGH and rotate the sheet pan so that each pepper gets a nice char.
I used the 3rd method for roasting my peppers. A great tip is arranging your peppers in a line down the center of your baking sheet to mimic the length of the broiler like in the photo. It is a quick way to get that same roasted pepper flavor.
Just make sure to keep an eye on them until they just began to blister. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to do!
Your feta cheese filling
The filling for these peppers was inspired by my favorite salad in the world. A GREEK salad. It is healthy, easy to make and so flavorful. I used red onions, which are a must, oregano, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and of course FETA!! Get the best feta cheese you can find. I love Dodoni feta because they sell their feta in a brine which keeps it super creamy.
You can add other ingredients to your filling like:
- fresh dill/basil
Bell peppers pretty much go with anything and can handle lots of flavor so have fun experimenting!
Serving them as an appetizer
Make ahead appetizers are the way to go if you want save yourself time and hassle in the kitchen. They also travel well.
The best way to prepare these mini stuffed peppers ahead of time is to roast your peppers, stuff them and store in the fridge until your guests arrive.
If you want to serve them warm, you can either pop them in the oven directly from the fridge until they are just heated through or you can make your feta stuffing ahead of time and then stuff them last minute!
Either way, these mini stuffed peppers are a deliciously healthy appetizer that everyone will LOVE!!
Are you looking for more cold appetizers?
Roasted Baby Peppers Stuffed With Feta
- 10 Sweet Baby Peppers
Feta Cheese Stuffing
- ½ Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Red Onion
- 2 Tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- Mix feta cheese stuffing in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut peppers in half and place cut side down onto a baking sheet (trim stems if desired). Drizzle peppers lightly with olive oil and season with salt.
- Place under broiler (on high) for 4-5 minutes or until peppers are nicely blistered.
- Remove peppers and allow to cool slightly before stuffing peppers with feta cheese mixture. Sprinkle with more oregano and serve warm or store in the fridge until ready to serve!