These Puff Pastry Egg Tarts With Honey Dijon Sauce are surprisingly easy and look super fancy! Mini puff pastry cups filled with cheesy eggs and smothered in a creamy sauce! Brunch was just taken to another level.
How To Make Mini Puff Pastry Egg Tarts
For this quick recipe, I chose to use the store-bought cups from Pepperidge Farms. They are in the freezer aisle next to the other pastry dough. They are cut in a way that allows you to bake them leaving the center hallow.
The cups come in a package of 24 so they are the perfect brunch idea to serve at a shower or on a casual Sunday!
Once you have your cups, you need to bake them first so they rise. When they rise, all you have to do is poke down the center of the cups. This will leave a little cavity in the center.
Then all I did was added my creamy eggs and poured the cream sauce over top of each pastry cup!
Delicious Egg Tart Sauce
The inspiration for the sauce is from a popular breakfast dish called a "Croque-Madame". If you've never had one before, you must try it. It is basically a baked ham and cheese sandwich with an egg on top. Then it is smothered with a creamy dijon sauce. The sauce is everything. Trust me.
To make the creamy sauce, you need to make a quick roux in a saucepan with some butter and flour. Then add in milk, some mustard and honey and some Gruyere cheese.
And that's it!
You're guests will be raving over these, I promise!
Check out these other delicious breakfast recipes:
Puff Pastry Egg Tarts With Honey Dijon Sauce
- 1 Package Puff Pastry Cups
- 7 Large Eggs ((plus milk))
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 3 oz. Sliced Ham
- 3 oz. Gruyere Cheese ((shredded))
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Chives
Honey Dijon Sauce
- ¾ Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tsp. Honey
- 1 Tsp. Dijon
- ⅛ Tsp. Salt
- Place puff pastry cups on a baking sheet and bake for
- While baking, saute chopped ham in a skillet with 1 tbsp butter until golden brown.
- Whisk eggs and 2 tbsp. milk together. Whisk in the chives and cheese. Add 2 more tbsp. butter to the same skillet and add egg mixture to ham. On low, scrape bottom of pan with a wooden spoon until fully cooked. Low and slow is key to soft, fluffy eggs! Remove from pan when done.
- Add flour and butter to a small saucepan and whisk on medium heat until bubbly (about 1 minute).
- Add milk and whisk until thick, about 5 minutes. Add salt and mix in before taking off heat.
- Take your pastry cups and spoon a little bit of egg filling into the center of each.
- Top with sauce and chives and serve warm!