These Puff Pastry Breakfast Cups With Honey Dijon Sauce are so easy and look super fancy! Try them for brunch at your house or for a special Sunday morning treat!
Easy Puff Pastry Cups
So I was walking through the frozen foods aisle planning on purchasing the regular puff pastry sheets to make these cups myself and I came across some already made!!
Pepperidge Farms comes through again!! These adorable puff pastry cups were next to their puff pastry dough in the freezer aisle! Such a time saver and so easy! They come in a package of 24 so they are the perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer.
These cups are my new favorite item to purchase in the freezer aisle…after cookie dough ice cream of course.
So I knew I wanted to make a new breakfast idea because truth be told, I get sick of cooking the same things over so I wanted to change it up. Plus, my husband loves breakfast.
So I was going to make these cups myself using the regular puff pastry sheets but then I came across these!
What a time saver! I’m talking at least 15 minutes of saved time which in my kitchen is priceless.
All you do is pop them in the oven, push down the middle and voila, a warm hole waiting for whatever ‘yumminess’ your heart desires!
In this case..it’s creamy scrambled eggs!
That Honey Dijon Sauce
My inspiration for this recipe came from a dish I tried down south about ten years ago.
I was in a cute little restaurant for breakfast and came across something on the menu called a “Croque-Madame”.
It was love at first bite.
If you have never tried it before, you absolutely have to! I rarely see it on menus around my hometown here in NJ but when I do, I always, always order it!
It is basically a baked ham and cheese sandwich with an egg on top!
But that’s not it. The part that got me was the sauce…
The luscious honey Dijon sauce drenched over top of these babies.
That is what won my heart over. It is just so decadent and goes perfectly with the ham.
To make the sauce, all you need to make a roux with some milk and flour. Then add in some mustard and honey and some Gruyere cheese if you’re feeling extra happy that morning.
The eggs are simple but creamy with some ham, Gruyere and chives tossed in.
And that’s it!
Try serving these for brunch alongside my Mini Maple Corn Muffins!
Take a look below at how I made these and at the kitchen tools I used to make these come out so yummy!
Pin below for later!!
Puff Pastry Breakfast Cups With Honey Dijon Sauce
- 1 Package Puff Pastry Cups
- 7 Large Eggs ((plus milk))
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 3 oz. Sliced Ham
- 3 oz. Gruyere Cheese ((shredded))
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Chives
Honey Dijon Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tsp. Honey
- 1 Tsp. Dijon
- 1/8 Tsp. Salt
- Place puff pastry cups on a baking sheet and bake for
- While baking, saute chopped ham in a skillet with 1 tbsp butter until golden brown.
- Whisk eggs and 2 tbsp. milk together. Whisk in the chives and cheese. Add 2 more tbsp. butter to the same skillet and add egg mixture to ham. On low, scrape bottom of pan with a wooden spoon until fully cooked. Low and slow is key to soft, fluffy eggs! Remove from pan when done.
- Add flour and butter to a small saucepan and whisk on medium heat until bubbly (about 1 minute).
- Add milk and whisk until thick, about 5 minutes. Add salt and mix in before taking off heat.
- Take your pastry cups and spoon a little bit of egg filling into the center of each.
- Top with sauce and chives and serve warm!