These Mini ‘Carrot’ Peppers are stuffed with a delicious cream cheese and herb filling! They are an easy and cute Easter appetizer that can be made ahead and served cold!
A Cute & Easy Easter Appetizer
When it comes to holidays, it is fun to get creative with food!
But one thing I think is so important when it comes to “cute” food is that it better TASTE better than it looks. If it just “looks” cute, really why bother?
So when it comes to these baby stuffed orange peppers, I can guarantee they are flavorful and delicious! Adorable little baby peppers stuffed with a creamy herb filling that you can take with you on your Easter egg hunt!
Best of all, I love that these are a make ahead appetizer because when we the holidays come, there is no time to prepare food at the last minute1
How To Make Stuffed Baby “Carrots”
Savory Easter appetizers that are EASY to make are hard to come by. Trust me, I’ve done my research. With that said, I did come across a few Easter appetizer ideas but most are tedious and time consuming.
These stuffed “carrots” are simple, I promise. They shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to make! Plus, they are bright, fresh and practically scream “spring is here!”.
All you need is a few ORANGE mini sweet peppers to get started. I like to pick out the orange ones if I have the opportunity. If your grocery store doesn’t sell individual baby bells, then purchase a larger package of multi-color and just use the orange peppers.
The filling I used was a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream and fresh herbs like parsley, dill and scallions. That’s it! I will toss all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
I used a spoon to fill each cavity and added some fresh dill leaves to the top of each to make each look like mini carrots. Everyone will love how fun, creative and perfectly bite sized they are!
The most important part is to make sure you cut your peppers lengthwise the correct way so they lay flat. The easiest way to do this is to lay each pepper on your cutting board and see how they naturally lay. When you see how they naturally lay, cut parallel to the table. Then, when you fill each pepper, they wont lean oddly.
I love fresh dill. It adds a flavor unlike no other herb. However, if you have fresh herbs in your garden or don’t have dill on hand, you can definitely make it with other fresh herbs!
Here are other add-ins I love to play around with that will kick up the flavor!
Make This A Year Round Appetizer!
Even if its not Easter, you can still enjoy these stuffed mini peppers year round! If you don’t want them looking like actual carrots, just remove the dill fronds from the tops and mix up the colors of your peppers. They have red and yellow too! This appetizers also happens to be keto friendly and vegetarian so most will be able to enjoy it.
Here are some other Easter appetizers you may like:
Mini ‘Carrot’ Peppers Stuffed w/ Herb Cream Cheese
- 10-12 Mini Bell Peppers, Orange
- 1 Bunch of dill fronds ((for the "carrot" leaves))
Herb Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 Chopped scallion
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Lay your peppers onto a cutting board and slice them parallel to the cutting board length-wise. This is important to do this way if you want your peppers to lay flat rather than tilted on their side.
- Once your peppers are halved, remove any seeds or white ribs if you prefer.
- Add all filling ingredients to a bowl or mixer and mix until well blended.
- Using a spoon, neatly fill your peppers with the herb cream cheese.
- Pull off a few dill fronds and press the ends into the top of your peppers. The cream cheese filling should hold the stems in place nicely.
- Chill until your ready to serve!