Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Pillsbury Biscuits (with jalapenos) were an absolute hit the first time I ever made them. They are SO creamy and have a nice kick! They will forever be on my football food appetizer list!
These stuffed biscuits with cream cheese and sausage are one of my favorite game day appetizers! They are the perfect bite size treat packed with cheesy goodness!
If you're looking for other stuffed biscuit recipes check out these Cheesy Stuffed Garlic Bombs (Using Biscuit Dough).
Jalapenos are supposedly the most popular of chili peppers but they really aren't considered 'hot' when compared to the other hot peppers out there.
With that said, I still think they are spicy! But like I said, I am an amateur when it comes to heat. So if you carry a bottle of hot sauce around with you, I suggest adding more jalapenos or go with a hotter pepper.
I made these stuffed biscuits with canned diced fire roasted jalapenos and jarred sweet pimentos. Using canned peppers makes this recipe SUPER fast and convenient! Plus, the fire roasted flavor from the peppers adds a nice touch.
Stuffing your biscuits
Firstly, you'll need a mini muffin tin! That is what creates your biscuit cups! Then pop open your Pillsbury canned biscuit dough and peel apart one layer at a time. Add a layer to each muffin tin and press it in gently.
Fill each muffin tin with your cream cheese sausage mixture and bake! You want to make sure you fill these babies up to the top plus some!
You'll know they're ready when the biscuit dough is golden brown on the outside. Since the inside is already cooked, all you need to bake through is your dough.
Serve these warm!
Other game day party foods you may like:
Jalapeno Pimento Sausage Bombs
- 16 oz. Tube Pillsbury Grands! Buttermilk Flaky Biscuits (8 ct.)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage
- ⅛ Tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ Tsp. Fennel
- 3 oz. Canned Diced Jalapenos (Fire Roasted) (or you can use 1-2 jalapenos)
- 3 oz. Jarred Sliced Sweet Pimentos (plus 2 tbsp. reserved liquid)
- 10 oz. Cream Cheese
Mini Muffin Tin
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Remove sausage from its casing by squeezing it out or by slicing open the casing. Add oil, fennel seeds and sausage to a skillet over high heat. Chop up sausage using the flat end of a wooden spatula. When your sausage is golden brown, it's ready. **(If you are using a fresh jalapeno instead of canned, you should add it with the sausage before browning).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- While waiting, pop open your biscuits and separate each biscuit in half. Press the layers in a mini muffin tin all the way up the sides. You should have 16 cups. (2 from each biscuit)
- Take the pimentos out of the jar and dice them up. Add them to a mixing bowl along with 2 tbsp of the pimento liquid. Add your jalapenos (if not already in the sausage mixture).
- Add your cream cheese and sausage mixture to the same bowl and mix until combined. (Make sure you drain the oil from the sausage first.)
- Fill each biscuit cup all the way up with the sausage mixture and bake for 18-20 minutes or until biscuit edges are golden brown. Serve warm!