These Cheesy Egg n’ Chive Bites are great whether hosting a brunch or on the go! An easy, quick breakfast option that gives you moist, cheesy, fluffy eggs when your in a hurry!
Egg Muffin Bites To-Go!
These cheesy egg n’ chive bites are simple to make and deliciously moist!
I think we all can agree that baking eggs in the oven is not as easy as it sounds.
Eggs can get dry and rubbery fast!
I promise you that these will not be either of those!
I make these cheesy egg n’ chive bites ALL the time! How many of us can agree that breakfast is probably the one meal of the day that none of us ever have time for during the work week.
The last thing you feel like doing…in your work clothes at 7 am…is cook!
Instead we are usually running out the door haphazardly with some granola bar or packaged something in hand. At least, that’s what I look like…
Super Quick and Easy Egg Bites
So, having a quick and easy breakfast option is what we all secretly wish for. And if its healthy, major bonus points!!
The yogurts, cereals, granola bars and oatmeal are good but it gets boring.
These egg bites just take 15 min. tops!
Then just stick them in some Tupperware and throw them in the fridge. Or you can simply place them. 😉
They will last a few days and take 2 minutes to re-heat in the same container!
Side note* I don’t get paid for saying this but I just love the Pyrex containers! Mainly because they’re glass. I will never put plastic in the microwave I don’t care how “microwave safe” they are. They come with lids too!
Egg n’ Chivey Goodness
If you’ve never had chives in your eggs, you are missing out BIG TIME.
It is a game changer!
An unfairly quick and easy way to “up the ante” of a simple egg dish. You will feel super “chefy” too! I promise you wont regret it.
But the best thing about eggs in general is how versatile they are! Picky family? That’s okay!
Add some bacon in one tin, veggies in another and just cheese for those picky kids!! 🙂
Click on the photo below to pin these Cheesy Egg n’ Chive Bites for later!
Cheesy Egg n' Chive Bites
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheeses ((I like monterey jack/cheddar))
- 2 Tbsp Bell Peppers Diced Small ((I used red & green for color))
- 1 Tbsp Onion Minced
- 4 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 3 Tbsp Butter ((or 2 tbsp olive oil))
- 1 Tbsp Chives Finely Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Sausage, Ham or Bacon (*Optional)
- Saute meat (if using) and peppers/onions in butter on high heat until lightly browned (about 3 min).
- In the meantime, whisk up the heavy cream, eggs and chives in a large bowl. Add the shredded cheese saving 2 tbsp. for the top.
- Grease muffin tins generously with butter or oil then spoon the sausage/veggie mixture into your muffin tins distributing evenly. (about 1 tsp.)
- Then using a spoon or ladel, fill each tin with egg mixture sprinkling top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 8-9 minutes tops! The middle should not move when jiggled but be careful NOT to overbake!
- Remove from oven and let cool for a minute.
- Take a knife and slide it around edges to release the egg. Garnish as desired! Store in airtight container and keep in fridge for up to a week.