These canapé crackers with rondelé by Président Garlic and Herbs spreadable cheese are the ultimate pre-course Thanksgiving appetizer. They’re super easy to throw together, perfectly bite sized, and packed with umami flavor!
This post was sponsored by Président®. All opinions are my own.
These canapé crackers are downright addictive. It is honestly hard to stop at just one.
They may become my new go-to starter (and I have a lot). I love how fancy they look but even more, I love how they taste. This year, I plan on serving them as a Thanksgiving appetizer!
I used rondelé by Président Garlic & Herbs cheese spread as the main ingredient. That, alone, is finger licking good. It is a rich, spreadable cheese that is enhanced with garlic and herbs. It is their most popular spread for good reason.
I keep multiples in my fridge for a quick and delicious snack. Paired with some crusty bread and a cold glass of Provencal Rosé, you simply can't go wrong.
Check out more hors d'oeuvres recipes here.
Serving your canapés
If you are in need of other canapé-type appetizers this Thanksgiving, you have to check out these Easy Savory Canapés For Parties.
Serving canapés always makes a party feel a bit more sophisticated. Making them does not need to be complicated either. Most of the time, the prep work can to be done in advance to make assembly quick and painless! And since Thanksgiving is all about preparing food in advance, these are the perfect starter!.
To make these in advance, the first thing I recommend you do is add your rondelé by Président Garlic & Herbs cheese spread into a piping bag or plastic baggie. This will make piping the cheese onto your crackers cleaner and super fast.
Next, make sure to have your caramelized onions done and ready to go in a bowl. You can store the bag of cheese and caramelized onions in the fridge until your ready to serve them.
Because these canapés are served on crackers, they should stay nice and crunchy for at least 3 hours. If you do this prep the night before, or at least few hours before friends and family are expected to arrive, you can quickly assemble your canapés in minutes.
Make sure to check out more bite-sized recipe ideas HERE to round out your Thanksgiving dinner!
Other Thanksgiving recipes you can serve with these crackers:
Canapé Crackers with rondelé® by Président® and Caramelized Onions
- 1 6.5 oz. package Rondelé® Président® Garlic & Herbs
- 18 round crackers
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2-3 medium garlic cloves
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Slice your onion thinly and mince your garlic. Add both to a saucepan with olive oil along with your thyme sprigs and simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes. (The thyme leaves will fall off the stem.)*Keep it on low as you do not want to burn your onions or garlic!
- In the meantime, add your Rondelé® cheese spread into a piping bag with a wide tip. If you don't have a piping bag, you can use a plastic sandwich baggie and snip off the corner so it is about the size of a quarter.
- Once your onions are caramelized and golden brown, you can remove the thyme sprigs and transfer your onions and garlic to a small bowl. Let chill in the fridge. (This can be done in advance.) When your caramelized onions have cooled, you can start assembling your crackers.
- Using your bag, pipe a large dollop of cheese spread onto each cracker and then, using a fork, top the cheese with some of the caramelized onions. Finish with a few thyme leaves and serve!