This Thanksgiving appetizer hits all the fall flavors in one delicious bite! Cinnamon spiced sweet potatoes topped with melted Président® brie cheese finished with maple glazed walnuts.
This post was sponsored by Président®. All opinions are my own.
The flavors of this appetizer scream fall and would pair perfectly with any traditional Thanksgiving meal. You can serve these sweet potatoes before dinner as an appetizer, as a savory snack with drinks or alongside your turkey as a side dish in place of that sweet potato casserole!
The main star of this dish is the brie cheese on top!
I used Président® Brie cheese which is my favorite kind of brie to purchase. Why? Because they offer it in the shape of a cute little log, like pictured here, which makes slicing super easy. You get small rounds of brie that are shaped perfectly for topping each sweet potato.
If you use just any brie round, it will be hard to cut the brie into perfect rounds!
Make your Thanksgiving bite sized!
I love Thanksgiving. However the idea of everyone sitting down at one table is long gone these days. We have a large family of over 20 adults, not including the children, so even if we had a table large enough to seat everyone, the small children just make it impossible to eat together.
So a great alternative to sitting down is to serve a Thanksgiving dinner that is entirely finger food friendly.
No chargers, silverware, forks, etc. Just a small plate and your fingers!
If a bite sized “cocktail” party themed Thanksgiving sounds appealing, here are three other recipe ideas that would help round out your meal.
Side: Maple Sweet Potato Rounds with Brie and Walnuts*
Make sure to check out more bite-sized recipe ideas HERE to round out your Thanksgiving dinner!
Here are some other Thanksgiving recipes you might also like:
Maple Sweet Potato Rounds with Président® Brie and Walnuts
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, long and skinny
- 4-6 oz. PRÉSIDENT® Brie Log
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste*
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel your sweet potatoes. Cut each into rounds that are approximately ½ – ¾" thick. You want about 16 rounds.
- Lay your sweet potato rounds onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season well with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes on the middle rack flipping halfway through. They are ready when they are fork tender. (Not mushy!)
- While waiting for your sweet potatoes, cut your brie cheese log into ¼-½" thick rounds.
- Add your walnuts, honey and cinnamon to a small bowl and mix.
- Remove your sweet potatoes from the oven when they're done and immediately add a slice of brie to the top of each round. You want the residual heat to slightly melt the brie.
- Top the brie with your walnut mixture and serve warm.