These Easy Banana Churro Bites With Chocolate Drizzle are the perfect late-night dessert especially for kids!
Brown bananas are better!
Yes! Don’t throw them away!
Instead, use them to make these yummy churro bites with chocolate drizzle!
Brown bananas have more sugar and are actually better for your digestive track than yellow (or green, yuck) bananas.
It’s important to mention that I’m talking brown bananas, not black!
The difference when it comes to dessert making, is incomparable. Just try this recipe with both, and taste the difference yourself..
No churro batter involved!
So back to these banana churro bites!
My husband has a huge sweet tooth, so I knew just what to make when he asked me for something to “top off” dinner the other night.
It was late and I was looking for something fast! So I looked to the pile of bananas sitting on our counter and wanted to make use of them before they went to mush.
I had some leftover cookie crust in the freezer from making these Mini Chambord Cheesecake Bites With Cookie Crust that I used to sprinkle over top (btw…if you haven’t tried these yet…oh MY WORD…just print the recipe for another day. Trust me.)
Anyway, twenty min. later, Derek was happy and I was off my feet. Win for all!
The churro “batter” I used is not a batter at all. It is simply, graham crackers, egg, flour and a cinnamon/sugar coating on the outside.
The mix of these flavors remind me exactly of a churro but simpler, hence the churro name.
These bites are crispy on the outside and creamy in the middle.
Top these babies with some crushed up walnuts or pecans…or more graham crackers!
These Easy Banana Churro Bites With Chocolate Drizzle are a delicious late-night dessert perfect for kids!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 c crushed plain graham crackers
- ½ c flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- vegetable or canola oil (for frying)
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
1. Fill small sauce pan with oil until about 2” deep. Heat to 330-340 F.
2. Prepare chocolate sauce by whisking all ingredients together. Consistency should be thick but thin enough to drizzle. It naturally thickens as it sits so just whisk it well to get it moving again. (if needed, add more milk 1/8 tsp. at a time until desired consistency)
3. Meanwhile, slice bananas about 2-3“ thick (or the size desired).
4. Add salt to graham cracker crumbs and vanilla to egg wash.
5. Coat slices in flour, then egg and finally graham cracker crumbs.
6. Mix cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
7. Drop bananas in hot oil slowly a few at a time. Turn them continuously so all sides brown evenly. Don't go anywhere! They only take 30 seconds!
8. Immediately toss in cinnamon and sugar mixture until coated.
9. Place on serving platter and drizzle chocolate sauce on top. Add graham crackers on top if desired.
Fry these ahead and keep warm in oven!
Option* Serve with chocolate sauce on the side for dipping!